On-Street Disabled Parking
Requests for an on-street disabled parking stall can be made by contacting the Parking Division at 563.589.4266.
Requestors must complete an application and submit this form to the Parking Division for approval or denial of an on-street disabled parking stall (please click on the link at the bottom of this page for a copy of the application).
Requests are individually reviewed and field inspected by Parking staff to determine if the requested on-street disabled parking stall is needed.
On-street disabled parking stalls are subject to all State laws and City Ordinances. Placement of a parking stall in a location does not guarantee permanent or lifetime use of that parking stall for the approved applicant. Placement of a disabled parking stall at a location does not imply reserved parking for the person who requested the stall, or for any other individual. An on-street disabled parking stall can be used at any time by anyone whose vehicle displays the appropriate State-issued permit or license plate.
Requirements for consideration of an on-street disabled parking stall include:
- The placement of the stall will not be in conflict with existing State or City Ordinances
- Parking usage must exceed 60% for a distance of 150 feet in both directions from the point of access
- The State of Iowa has issued the appropriate parking permit or license plate to the requestor
- Accessible off-street parking is not available
On-street disabled parking stalls are subject to removal by the City for any of the following reasons:
- The requestor has moved or is deceased
- The State of Iowa issued permit or license plate has expired or been revoked
- Accessible off-street parking has become available
- Ordinance changes result in other parking restrictions which would prohibit the retention of the stall
- The City of Dubuque determines the stall is being misused by the approved person
*Click here for a copy of the Request for Consideration of a Restricted Parking Space form. Please print off and fill out the 1st page of the form, the 2nd page is for office use only.
Deliver to: City of Dubuque Parking Division
830 Bluff Street
Dubuque, IA 52001-4662