On-Street Disabled Parking
Requests for an on-street disabled parking stall can be made by contacting the Parking Division at 563.589.4266.
Requestors must complete a Request for Consideration of a Restricted Parking Space form and submit it to the Parking Division for approval or denial of an on-street disabled parking stall. Please print off and fill out the first page of the form; the second page is for office use only.
Forms can be mailed/delivered to: City of Dubuque Parking Division, 830 Bluff St., Dubuque, IA 52001-4662.
Requests are individually reviewed and field inspected by Parking staff to determine if the requested on-street disabled parking stall is needed.
On-street disabled parking stalls are subject to all State laws and City Ordinances. Placement of a parking stall in a location does not guarantee permanent or lifetime use of that parking stall for the approved applicant. Placement of a disabled parking stall at a location does not imply reserved parking for the person who requested the stall, or for any other individual. An on-street disabled parking stall can be used at any time by anyone whose vehicle displays the appropriate State-issued permit or license plate.
Requirements for consideration of an on-street disabled parking stall include:
- The placement of the stall will not be in conflict with existing State or City Ordinances
- Parking usage must exceed 60% for a distance of 150 feet in both directions from the point of access
- The State of Iowa has issued the appropriate parking permit or license plate to the requestor
- Accessible off-street parking is not available
- The requestor has moved or is deceased
- The State of Iowa issued permit or license plate has expired or been revoked
- Accessible off-street parking has become available
- Ordinance changes result in other parking restrictions which would prohibit the retention of the stall
- The City of Dubuque determines the stall is being misused by the approved person