Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
ADA Grievance Procedure
The City of Dubuque is committed to equal access and participation of people with disabilities in employment, services, and activities of the City. In addition, the City has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging that the City is not in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Complaints should be in writing and addressed to:
City of Dubuque, Human Services Manager/ ADA Coordinator
50 West 13th Street
Dubuque, IA 52001.