Situated at the intersection of Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin, the community of Dubuque, Iowa, stands among the Mississippi River bluffs as a metropolitan service area for seven surrounding counties.
Dubuque is connected by four-lane highways to Davenport, Des Moines, Madison and Minneapolis. The majority of the way to Chicago is also four-lane highway.
- 2.9 million people live within 100 miles of Dubuque.
- 66.8 million people live within 500 miles.
Dubuque is centrally located amongst several major metropolitan areas:
- Dubuque to Quad Cities - 70 miles
- Dubuque to Madison - 90 miles
- Dubuque to Chicago - 175 miles
- Dubuque to Des Moines - 200 miles
- Dubuque to Minneapolis/St. Paul - 275 miles
- Dubuque to St. Louis - 330 miles