Sign Permits and Application Forms

Inspection & Construction Services issues permits for both temporary and permanent signs. We work with the Planning and Zoning Department throughout the Plan Review process for all sign applications. Please fill out the application form and submit all other required information attached to your application form for review. 

NOTE: Sign contractors must obtain an annual license from Inspection & Construction Services. The City of Dubuque will only issue sign permits to contractors who obtain a Sign Contractors License.

Sign Application Forms and Fees

Unified Development Code Sign Regulations

Article 15 : Signs

Note: If the property is zoned as part of a Planned Unit Development, please contact the Planning Services Department Staff by phone at 563-589-4210 or by email to discuss the sign regulations.