Street Signs & Markings

A private contractor is hired through a public bidding process to provide:
  • Pavement markings
  • Center lines
  • Crosswalks
  • Curb markings
  • Special symbols
City Crews
City crews fabricate street name signs, repair damaged traffic and street name signs and poles, and install all street name, traffic, tourist, and informational signs in the city.

Street Name Signs For Sale

The City of Dubuque Public Works Department is replacing outdated street name signs to meet new federal requirements for size and reflectivity, as required by the Federal Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices.

We are selling the outdated signs for $25 (exact cash or check made payable to the City of Dubuque) on a first come-first served basis.

Contact the Public Works Department at 589-4250 or via email at .


To report a street name sign or parking regulation sign that needs repair, contact the Public Works Department at 563.589.4250.
To report a stop or yield sign that needs repair, immediately contact the Public Works Department or the Police Department's Communications Center at 563.589.4415.

Please Note
Please call rather than email us or the Police Department regarding stop signs, as they require immediate attention.