Property Owner Information and Forms
Benefits of Renting to Housing Choice Voucher Participants
- The rent subsidy payments paid on behalf of the tenant are guaranteed as long as the property is maintained in a decent and safe condition.
- Rent subsidies are automatically deposited into the account of your choice so that it is always received by the first of the month.
- The program is based upon the private market, not public housing units. You will be helping to provide quality and affordable housing opportunities.
- You screen and select your own tenants.
- We may be able to provide additional information about the participating household to assist you with your screening. Consider us to be another resource.
- You may rent to as many or as few Housing Choice Voucher tenants as you choose.
- The biennial inspections can assist in helping to maintain your good property.
- You utilize your own lease agreement.
- You manage the property and tenant behavior - no rights are taken away as long as you are following Iowa Landlord / Tenant Law.
- Units are inspected according to the City of Dubuque Existing Housing Code - the same code applied to any residential unit.
- We offer free advertising of your vacant units.
- You are able to refer other tenants that you know might qualify for rental assistance.
Notification and Disclosure of Lead-Based Paint Hazards
Before the execution of the lease, the owner or owner’s agent is required to disclose any knowledge of lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards in housing built prior to 1978 to all prospective residents. Our office must keep a copy of the disclosure notice executed by the owner and tenant in the tenant file.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Rule
- Appeals Request Form
- Owner’s Certification of Compliance with lead hazard reduction
- Landlord Change of Address form
- ACH Transfer form for direct deposits
- Vacant Unit Listing
Free Tenant Screening Options
Help us keep Dubuque neighborhoods safe, housing well-maintained, and tenants accountable. Click here for information regarding Free Tenant Screening Options offered by the City of Dubuque.