Additional Free Local Testing Opportunities
While the Dubuque Test Iowa Clinic is still offering testing by appointment, Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are also offering free COVID-19 test collection, also by appointment, in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth, a laboratory services company focused on enhancing pharmacies’ access to diagnostic laboratory testing.
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Local test collection sites for this program are:
- Hartig Drug Co 3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
- Union Family Pharmacy, 2541 Central Ave, Dubuque
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site.
How do I register for a test?
- Patients must register on the website (DoINeedACovid19Test.com) and receive a voucher number in order to be eligible to schedule an appointment for a test.
- Only pharmacies listed on the website (DoINeedACovid19Test.com) are participating in the program.
- Tests are provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
I have a voucher, what do I need to do next?
- Participating pharmacies will only provide COVID-19 testing services through drive-thru locations to mitigate potential exposure. Do not attempt to walk into the pharmacy to receive the test, you will be directed back to your vehicle and asked to proceed to the drive-thru window for your scheduled appointment.
- The test is self-administered by the patient with an anterior nasal swab – which is less invasive than a nasopharyngeal swab.
- Pharmacy personnel will coach and observe each patient to ensure the test is completed accurately. Once the sample kit is sealed, pharmacy personnel will submit the package to the lab for processing. Results are ready in three to five business days.
When will I get my results?
- You will receive a notification via email or phone call that your results are ready. You must log on to your DoINeedACovid19Test.com account to view the results. Results should be received within 3-5 business days.
- Pharmacy personnel will not receive your results. If you have questions about your test results or the status of your pending results you must call eTrueNorth at (800) 635-8611.