Monday, Nov. 9, 2020
Dubuque County: 116 New Cases, 24 Recoveries, and No Deaths Over Last 24 Hours. 2,616 Active Cases.
Iowa: 4,055 New Cases, 337 Recoveries, 4 Deaths, Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,034
Please do your part to fight COVID-19:
- Do not gather with individuals living outside of your household without a mask.
- Always wear a mask in public places.
- Stay home if you feel sick and get tested if needed.
- "Answer the Call" if a contact tracer calls you and answer their questions.
- Limit gatherings beyond your immediate household until cases and test positivity decrease significantly.
- Practice social distancing when you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands frequently and sanitize frequently touched surfaces.
- One person per household going to stores for shopping.
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 116 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 6,898
- Iowa: 4,055 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 156,842
- Dubuque County: No additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 69
- Iowa: 4 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,846
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 50 as of Nov. 7. (8 fewer than Nov. 6.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 1,034* (42 more than yesterday.)
* = Record High
- For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 24. Total number of recoveries = 4,213
- Iowa: New recoveries = 337. Total number of recoveries = 101,053
IDPH designates positive cases as recovered after 28 days if there are no observable signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Dubuque County: 2,616 active cases
Active cases are determined by subtracting the total number of recovered cases and deaths from the total number of positive cases to date.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- Dubuque County: 5 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 140 positive cases (same as yesterday) and 61 recoveries (1 more than yesterday):
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (68 positive cases, 12 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (10 positive cases, 1 recovery)
- MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 29 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa: 92* outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 2,857 positive cases, 1,207 recoveries, and 890 deaths to date.
* = Record high
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
- 296 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 39,116
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.7%*, average to date = 17.6%.
* = Record high
- 9,504 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,040,932
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 20.1%, average to date = 15.1%