If you or a loved one are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, get tested as soon as possible. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath, fever, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell. Testing is widely available with many convenient options. Iowans can access testing at the following locations:
- Primary Care Providers
- Urgent Care
- Local and national pharmacies
- Private labs in local communities
Test Iowa At Home:
IDPH and the State Hygienic Lab are partnering to provide Iowans free at-home test kits. These test kits are ideal for a proactive diagnosis. Examples of proactive testing:
- Before upcoming travel, or returning from travel.
- Ensuring negative status before attending events.
- Recent COVID-19 positive and want to ensure a negative result before returning to normal activities.
- To have on hand for family members in case of exposure.
Go to testiowa.com for more information, to order a test kit or find a pick-up site near you.
Iowans are urged NOT to visit a Hospital Emergency Room for COVID-19 diagnostic testing, unless experiencing severe symptoms. An ER visit may expose others in a medically fragile state to the virus as well as place additional strain on hospital resources.