CDC Now Recommends Boosters for All 18+
The CDC now recommends that everyone age 18 and older get a COVID-19 booster shot either when they are 6 months after their initial Pfizer or Moderna series or two months after initial J&J vaccine.
- You do not have to get your booster shot where you received your first series/shot.
- You may choose which COVID-19 vaccine you receive as a booster shot. Some people may prefer the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
- Please take your CDC Vaccination Record card to your booster shot appointment so the provider can fill in the information about your booster dose.
For a complete listing of local vaccine providers, please visit www.dubuquecounty.org/sleevesup. For assistance in making an appointment, call 563-692-MAKE (6253).
- Public health officials are waiting for further details about Omicron (B.1.1.529) as they emerge, including severity of illness and degree of transmissibility.
- The most important thing we can do to prevent serious illness, hospitalization and death from this or any COVID-19 variants is to get vaccinated and everyone 18 and older should receive a booster.
- The first case of Omicron in the US was announced today. SHL continues to sequence approximately 300 positive samples each week.