Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2021
305 New Positive Individuals and 3 Deaths
Since Dec. 22
Omicron Estimated at 3% of County Cases
As of today, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) estimates 3% of all positive covid-19 cases in Dubuque County throughout the month of December are Omicron. The other 97% are Delta. This estimation comes from sequencing, or sampling, a certain number of COVID-19 positive tests during the month and estimates the amount of Omicron in Dubuque County.
COVID Testing over the Holidays
While supply issues for the self-administered COVID tests sold at some pharmacies and retailers may be an issue, there is no shortage of the self-administered, free, Test Iowa kits available at 15 locations in Dubuque County. Please check with locations before visiting to verify their hours of operation over the holiday weekend.
For a complete list of pick-up locations for Test Iowa test kits, free in-person testing, and rapid testing options available, as well as contact information for providers, please visit:PLEASE NOTE:
Due to the State Hygienic Lab's holiday hours this weekend, some Test Iowa results may be delayed.