Imagine Dubuque Future Land Use Quick Poll
July 24, 2017 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DUBUQUE, Iowa – Dubuque residents and stakeholders are invited to participate in the “Imagine Dubuque Future Land Use Quick Poll” available on the project website at www.imaginedubuque.com
through Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
The Future Land Use Quick Poll is the sixth in a series of short, multiple-choice surveys posted to the website, shared through the Imagine Dubuque app, and distributed at community sites and events. This Quick Poll is focused on gathering and refining input as part of the City of Dubuque’s Comprehensive Planning process, entitled “Imagine Dubuque.”
Imagine Dubuque is the next step in creating a more sustainable, resilient, inclusive and equitable legacy for Dubuque. The Comprehensive Plan serves as a guide for the community’s physical, social, and economic development. It is a key tool to developing policy, informing the city budget, and community initiatives. Imagine Dubuque is designed to further the momentum to create a more viable, livable, and equitable community. Community input is paramount to this effort.
A Future Land Use Map identifies the best future physical development of the community. It becomes the guide for the official zoning map and for making zoning and subdivision decisions. The Imagine Dubuque Future Land Use depicts seven (7) major land uses in and around the city limits:
- Single-Family Residential (detached single-family dwellings)
- Multi-Family Residential (duplexes, apartment buildings, senior housing, townhouses, condos)
- Commercial (offices, service businesses, retail, restaurants, bars, etc.)
- Institutional (colleges, hospitals, schools, places of religious assembly)
- Industrial (production, manufacturing from raw materials, processing, assembly, wholesale)
- Mixed Use (flexible mix of residential, commercial and institutional uses)
- Park and Open Space (public and private recreational areas, undeveloped green space)
The two-minute Future Land Use Quick Poll asks residents for their opinions about mixed use, riverfront and multi-family residential development and to share their ideas for other types of land uses. To learn about the Imagine Dubuque campaign, share ideas, and receive project updates, residents are encouraged to visit and follow the project website at www.imaginedubuque.com
or download the free project app by searching “Imagine Dubuque” in their app store.