City's FY2020 Budget Public Meetings Start Feb. 7
Jan. 22, 2019 -- For Immediate Release
DUBUQUE, Iowa – The Dubuque City Council will hold a series of six public meetings to review City department/division budget details as part of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 recommended budget review process. The City Council will then hold a final public hearing on Thursday, March 7, to adopt the FY2020 Operating and Capital Budgets.
The public is invited to attend and provide input at these meetings as City staff from each department and division present FY2020 budget information to the City Council. Budget meetings are also aired live on CityChannel Dubuque (Mediacom cable channels 8 and 117.2) and streamed live and archived on the City’s website at www.cityofdubuque.org/media
. All meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are held in the City Council Chambers on the second floor of the Historic Federal Building at 350 W. Sixth St.
- Thursday, Feb. 7: Information Services, City Attorney, City Clerk, Cable TV, City Manager's Office, and City Council
- Monday, Feb. 11: Health Services, Human Rights, Library, Airport, and Finance
- Wednesday, Feb. 13: Housing and Community Development, Planning, Economic Development, and Transportation Services (Parking and The Jule)
- Thursday, Feb. 21: Purchase of Services, Five Flags Civic Center, Grand River Center, Parks, and Recreation
- Monday, Feb. 25: Emergency Management, Emergency Communications, Police, Fire, and Building Services
- Wednesday, Feb. 27: Water, Water & Resource Recovery Center, Public Works, and Engineering
- Thursday, March 7: Public Hearing to adopt the Fiscal Year 2020 budget
Dubuque City Manager Michael Van Milligen will present the FY2020 Recommended Budget document to the City Council at their regular meeting on Monday, Feb. 4. The recommended budget materials will also be posted on the City of Dubuque website on Tuesday, Feb. 5, at www.cityofdubuque.org/FY2020budget
and printed copies will be made available for viewing at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, and available for checkout from the Carnegie-Stout Public Library Reference Desk.
Dubuque’s Jule Transit offers evening transportation service to City Council meetings and budget presentations. The last bus of the evening leaves the Sixth and Locust streets bus stop location at 8:18 p.m. For more information on routes and schedules, visit www.JuleTransit.org or call 563-589-4196. Mini-bus service is also available for seniors and individuals with a qualifying disability until 9 p.m. Call 563-690-6464 to schedule a trip.
# # #