Temporary Food Licenses... There Are Options!
As of January 1, 2019, there have been a few changes for temporary food licenses. We have outlined those changes in this month's newsletter so our operators are aware of their options when vending at a temporary food event in Dubuque:
- This is a $50 license that allows an establishment to operate no more than 14 days in a row in a single location/event.
- Please submit application at least 3 business days prior to event.
- This is a $200 license that may be renewed annually.
- Allows operators to participate in temporary events in the county the license was purchased in for a year from the date the license is issued.
- This covers Farmers Markets in the county it is purchased in, but a Farmers Market license does not cover temporary food events.
- Please submit application at least 30 days prior to first event.
- This is a $50 application that an event organizer must fill out if their event will have more than 10 temporary food vendors (this does not include Farmers Market or Mobile Food Units).
- Please submit application at least 60 days prior to event.
We know these are some exciting, yet big changes. We know that temporary event season is quickly approaching and some of these deadlines for application require a lot of planning. Since it is the first season for annual temporary food license, and event registration licenses, we will be flexible with the submission deadline.
We ask that you please submit them as soon as possible because it takes time to review and process them. For single temporary food event license, we will require 3 business days as in years prior. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we begin the 2019 temporary food event season. Click here to access our Temporary Food Operator Guide.
Click on the images below to access the license application: