The City of Dubuque will be accepting bids for one (1) 2019 or 2020 model year minimum 9000 GVW standard cab 4x4 truck Chassis with aluminum flatbed. Sealed proposals will be received in the office of the Purchasing Coordinator until 10:00 a.m., on September 13th 2019.
Return your bid to:
City of Dubuque
50 West 13th Street
Dubuque, Iowa 52001-4805
All bids are subject to the following criteria:
1. No bid may be withdrawn after scheduled closing time for receiving bids.
2. All bids will be publicly opened. Any bids received after the time designated will be returned unopened.
3. Envelope containing bids shall be plainly marked –PARK TRUCK
4. Exclude any federal excise and state tax.
5. Bidder must complete bid proposal forms in their entirety. Terms and costs of any extended warranties must be stated clearly and completely.
6. Bidder must furnish a brochure of the unit being bid. The unit's specifications must be highlighted with no inked-in changes permitted.
7. All pricing shall be valid for sixty (60) days after bid opening.
8. Upon delivery of vehicle the dealer shall furnish the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor with the following information and paperwork:
a. Engine serial number
b. Transmission serial number
c. Gear ratios
d. Vehicle window sticker
e. Copy of all warranties pertaining to the purchased vehicle
9. Vehicle is to be bid FOB Municipal Services Center, 925 Kerper Court, Dubuque, Ia. 52001. Delivery is to be made directly to the Municipal Services Garage.
10. City of Dubuque Administrative Policy 3.10 (purchasing policy): as required by Chapter 23A, Section 3, CODE OF IOWA, it shall be the policy to consider purchasing goods or services from locally owned businesses located within the City of Dubuque when other considerations are relatively equal. Bidders located within the Dubuque corporate limits may be given a ten (10) percent preference on purchases up to $500.00, and a five (5) percent preference on purchases of $500.00 or more. Purchases made through the formal bid process must be awarded to the low bidder per Iowa Code requirements. Should a hybrid–powered vehicle be bid the purchase will be awarded based on life cycle-cost.
11. The city reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof, or to accept any bid or part thereof deemed to be in the best interest of the city.
Please see the attached document for additional details