Long Range Planning Advisory Commission
Seven members with six City residents appointed by the City Council to three-year terms, and a member of the City Council designated by the City Council.
- 5:30 p.m.
- Third Wednesday of each month
- Historic Federal Building
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- To provide a leadership role in the planning, coordinating, and sponsoring of a periodic community planning process
- To coordinate and supervise the preparation and maintenance of the Comprehensive Plan
- To provide input to the City Manager in the preparation of the City Manager's recommended multi-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- To make comprehensive studies of the present condition and the future growth of the City to provide input into the community planning process and to guide and accomplish a coordinated, consistent, and harmonious development of the City in accordance with the present and future needs thereof to the end that the health, safety, morals, order, convenience, prosperity, and general welfare may be promoted
- To make or cause to be made such surveys, studies, maps, plans, or charts of the City with due regard to its relation to neighboring territory as may be determined as necessary to carry out the purposes of the Commission
- To recommend amendments to all or a part of the Comprehensive Plan in response to the community planning process, upon its own initiative, or upon recommendation presented by the Zoning Advisory Commission, but only after a public hearing
- To review proposed urban renewal plans and urban revitalization plans for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan for the City
- To undertake public information efforts to enhance public understanding of the community planning process generally and the Comprehensive Plan specifically
- To undertake from time to time other specific long range planning projects which may be referred to it by the City Council