Civic Center Commission
FIVE FLAGS CENTER STUDY INFORMATION
DEPARTMENT CONTACT: Leisure Services Department
Five members appointed by the City Council to three-year terms.
- 3:30 p.m.
- Every other month on the last Monday of the month.
(Upcoming meetings: November 25, 2019, January 27, 2020, March 29, 2020, June 1, 2020, July 27, 2020)
- Five Flags Civic Center
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- To advise the Leisure Services Department, the City Manager, and the City Council and to make recommendations for the optimum utilization of the civic center facility by the widest possible range of users and uses to respond to community needs and demands at the least possible cost to the city.
Powers, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the city council with recommendations that further the general and specific purposes of the commission.
- Recommend the development of financial and other resources to support the short and long term capital needs of the civic center facility and its programs.
- Recommend programs to provide a variety of year round intellectual, cultural, enjoyable, and attractive leisure time activities which contribute to the physical and mental well being of residents and visitors.
Recommend programs which contribute to the economic base of the community by encouraging business use of the civic center facility.
Recommend schedules of fees and charges for special building services, equipment, special building features, and rental rates.
Recommend informational and promotional programs to secure the full support and participation of the community.
Recommend the annual operating budget and an ongoing capital improvements budget that provide a safe, secure, sanitary, clean, and attractive facility.
Recommend development of community partnerships related to tourism for optimum utilization of the civic center facility.