City of Dubuque Arts and Culture grant funds are part of the operating budget of the Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs and are approved by City Council on an annual basis. Properly acknowleding funding both recognizes and helps to ensure continued support.
Grantees are required to acknowledge City of Dubuque support by using the appropriate credit line and logo(s) in printed materials, news releases, films, videos, electronic transmissions, social media, and websites. Grantees must also acknowledge City of Dubuque support when written credit is not applicable, by providing oral credit before events or performances and in media interviews.
Evidence of acknowledgement will be required as an addendum to the organization’s final grant report.
Use of City of Dubuque Logo
All recipients of City of Dubuque Arts and Culture grants must incorporate the City of Dubuque logo, along with the appropriate credit line into printed and other materials, whenever the overall dimensions of the item allow.
City of Dubuque Logo Use Guidelines:
- If you need to adjust the size of the City's logo, please make sure that it's resized proportionally to its original dimensions (i.e., do not change the aspect ratio.)
- The City of Dubuque logo should be used at least 1 ½ inches wide. If the size of the promotional item does not allow for the logo to be at least 1 ½ inches wide, it should be omitted and only the appropriate credit line used.
- Please make sure that there's at least 1/8 inch of space all around the logo to avoid crowding.
Operating Support grantees should use the following credit line in promotional materials, inserting their organization's name accordingly:
- <Your organization> activities are made possible through City of Dubuque's Arts and Culture Operating Support grant program.
Special Project grantees should use the following credit line in promotional materials associated with the project funding through the Special Projects grant program:
- <Your project> is made possible through City of Dubuque's Arts and Culture Special Projects grant funds.
If your organization or project receives funding from both the Operating Support and the Special Projects grant programs, you may choose which credit line best applies to the activity being promoted and you are not required to include both.
Social Media Tags
When promoting activities supported by Operating Support or Special Projects grant funds on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or other, organizations should:
- Use @ArtsandCultureDBQ to tag the City of Dubuque Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs’ Facebook page
- Use @artsculturedbq to tag the City of Dubuque Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs’ Instagram profile
- Include the hashtags #ArtsandCultureDBQ or #cityartsDBQ