Operating Support Grant
Arts and Culture Funding Program for Operating Support
- Guidelines and Rubric (downloadable PDF)
- Application Questions (downloadable PDF or Word Doc)
- FY21 Budget Worksheet (downloadable Excel)
Dubuque-based organizations whose primary mission is arts or culture and who have operated as a nonprofit, tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of IRS code for at least two years before the application date.
Including but not limited to for-profit organizations or not-for-profit organizations whose primary mission involves religious, political, or athletic programs, educational institutions, and social service organizations. An organization with an outstanding Final Report from a previously funded Special Projects grant application is ineligible.
The maximum annual funding award is $30,000 or 6% of applicant’s previous year certified operating expenditures, whichever is less. The level at which an organization is funded will depend on the number of eligible applicants and the degree to which an applicant meets selection criteria.
- January 31, 2020 - Applications for both the Operating Support and Special Projects grants available
- February 10, 2020 from 6-7:30 PM - Grant application workshop at Multicultural Family Center
- February 12, 2020 from 12-1:30 PM - Grant application workshop at Multicultural Family Center
- Extension: Friday, March 20, 2020 by 11:59 PM - Operating Support applications due
- June 2020 - Grant notifications and contracts released
- July 2020 - Anticipated disbursement of funds
By offering Operating Support funding, the most difficult funding for a nonprofit organization to secure, for arts and culture organizations in our community, we support the Dubuque City Council's goal to provide 'Diverse Arts, Culture, Parks, and Recreation Experiences and Activities' as well as playing a key role in realizing the City of Dubuque's Imagine Dubuque Comprehensive Plan to foster Social + Cultural Vibrancy.